Online universities are quite the nifty little thing. A great little invention for all and sundry, rivalled by their brethren and various incarnations, such as the college education online. Think what you many of online universities, these institutions are here to say. They will influence the outcome of education in coming years and will dictate how instruction is done
In the case of the college education online, students will be even more assertive and looking for way to enroll themselves in various, popular modes of learning. In both cases, we approve of this and we encourage it.
But naturally, there is something traditional institutions of instruction can do to put the crack on the relentless march of online schools – the introduction of generous scholarships is one of those little useful tricks.
So let’s examine the offer made by Lund University for the students who want to attend the Ingvar Kamprad Master Scholarship initiative.
This offering is intended at students who come from outside the European Union, and the scholarship deals with the field of industrial design. The level of study is Master’s program.
The scholarship will offer a generous something to everyone who has been lucky enough to obtain it:
- EUR 10,000 will be paid for ten months to cover living and accommodation costs, between August and May and during the two years og study
- The Swedish government will offer a EUR 21,000 scholarship to the successful candidate
Now, the scholarship may only be taken in Sweden. There additional criteria that must be met before students can be deemed eligible candidates, let alone successful:
- Bachelor’s degree with relevance in the field you are applying for
- A portfolio of work done in the past will be considered an advantage
- In addition you will be requested to demonstrate good command of English
All applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree.
The world of online education certainly has a lot to offer to everyone. However do not get too complacent with it and examine some of the great scholarship opportunities readily available to you out there.