Traditional universities are under siege. Accredited schools online have been peeling away from their students, but a crisis is not really in the works. Now, some scaremongers have been propagating rumors that accredited schools online will easily send the numbers of students willing to sign up for mainstream universities plummeting in a tailspin.
Doomsayers have been wrong, however. The bulk of students who sign up for accredited online schools have done so, because any degree programs have been available for them at mainstream institutions of higher learning. Simply put, some students have been discriminated against on account of their social background, and we mean a purely financial one.
However, this is a free market for you, and as such, it has it rules. Some universities, however, have indeed done something to rev up the number of students enrolling in degree programs Such an opportunity is up for grabs by the University of Wisconsin – Madison.
The Hilldale Undergraduate Research Fellowship for US students is now up for grabs.
Every student who is a researcher will be awarded $3,000. Additional money will be allocated for supplies. The sum total is $1,000.
The number of total fellowships that can be taken is unknown. The scholarships is available in the USA.
Eligibility wise, you will have to fulfil several criteria:
- You must have a junior standing when you are applying
- You have to have come up with a research project with a UW-Madison faculty or staff member(s)
- You must be graduating in May of the same year you are applying
- We will require that you show good academic record of accomplishment and a GPA of 3.2
- You must be good both in terms of your academic track record as well as discipline to be considered
You can apply via e-mail.
- The university expects you to upload a 200-word or less abstract of your research
- Methods section and describing plans for the researcher’s data collating should be presented
- In addition, you need to include a clear cut timeline with regards to the completion of your poject.
The application period has a deadline of February 2018. We encourage to apply as early as possible. We encourage students to apply as early as possible.